Patient Care Coordinator
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, 8a to 5p
LOCATION: Pullman, WA
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors in a friendly manner.
- Manages multiple priorities with an ability to multi-task in a busy healthcare setting.
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Registers new patients by collecting detailed patient information including insurance information.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the nurse and/or provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff.
- Initiates prior authorizations with insurance carriers.
- Responds to patients', prospective patients, and visitor inquiries via telephone, portal, or walk-ups in a courteous manner.
- Protects patient confidentiality.
- Check emails on a regular basis. Also regularly check fax machine for incoming messages. Send faxes as required.
- Process all requests from referring offices in a timely and courteous manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 plus years of medical office experience
- 4 plus years of administrative experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Excellent phone and computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced clinic
- Ability to occasionally work as early as 7:30a and as late as 6pm
JOB TYPE: Full-time
PAY: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining our team? Email your resume and area of interest to Human Resources: email@example.com